It was dear friend who introduced me to an organization that help and reach out to women who used to live under some circumstances and now they live in safe houses.
Today after work, she came to my house and we made these 30 handmade cards for some of them to show them how precious they are and that they are loved.
We are so blessed beyond measure for this opportunity to share love with these women through our simple handmade cards.
God can use any of us, in ways we never imagine and use our skills and/or talents to bless others.
He can use you, too!
Advent is 6 days away from today! This is a 4-weeks season where we as Christians have been waiting for. The weeks when we devote our hearts, minds and attitude toward the day our Lord Jesus’ was born on. The weeks when we meditate God’s love, grace and joy He has given to us through His only begotten Son, Jesus.
My family is super excited with this season! We love to sit together after dinner, read the Advent Bible Reading with our daughters and I do Christmas crafts with them, too.
This is the season where we are not only sharing and spreading the joy through giving gifts to each other, but also, most important is that the season when we can rejoice in Him who loves us unconditionally by giving Jesus on Christmas day, knowing well in our hearts, minds and souls that He is with us. Immanuel.
HelloMornings provides a mini session on this Advent weeks. They have put together this awesome Advent Power Pack where you can:
– Study God’s word using Lara’s new book, “Then Came Jesus.”
– Journal His word using the printables provided.
– Worship Him with the new song from Shaun Groves.
– Daily reading will sent to your inbox (optional).
You can get this full Advent Power Pack today and come to join the challenge starting December 1st.
I cannot wait to do this Advent Devotion together with you!
How do you do Advent weeks with your family?
Check out this gorgeous Redeemed Lantern, only $9.99! (original price $29.99). TODAY only you can get for $9.99! Perfect for gift and your home.
God has many ways to speak to us in ways and languages that we can understand best so that we may follow Him, love Him and obey Him.
I am so thankful and forever grateful that He speaks to me in my heart language and so thankful that I will have the New Testament by next year.
I rejoice in Him because not only me, but all of those who speak the same language with me, wherever they live, they will have access to His living, changing word.
He is God.
Today is we are celebrating The International Day of The Bible. So thankful today for I am reminded how much God has been speaking to me personally and change my life through the power of His Word. There are so many ways we can read God’s word: books, online, or even on any smart phone and tablets. He has provided these many ways for us to get connected with Him, to hear His voice every moment.
I love to read with my Bible and on my phone or iPad using the The Bible App. And since 3 years ago I join HelloMornings Challenge to keep in the Word and study together with a group of ladies.
And celebrating this day, I would like to share 3 highlights and prayer requests:
1. Giving thanks to God, the Father who have given each of us access to His living word that changing our lives to become like His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. We can read His word in every moment. We can understand well what God says to us because He speaks clearly in language we can understand. With understanding His word in the Bible given by the Holy Spirit, we are led by Him to do what pleases His and obey Him in love.
2. It is time to pray more for those who do not have the privilege and access to His word like we do:
– Pray for Christians who live under circumstances where they cannot read or even cannot have the Bible because of persecution and political situations in countries where they live.
– Pray for those who have not yet have God’s word in languages they can understand best.
– Pray for those who have not yet heard of God’s Good News at all,
3. It is time for for God’s people & churches to take action and have courage to go preaching the Good News and contribute in works to bring the Good News of the Kingdom to these people who have been waiting for so long to hear voice of The Living God. Pray that God will continue opening the ways and sending His people to reach out to these Bibleless and Unreached people groups around the world.
Here are some prayer resources where you find prayer requests and join to pray:
Wycliffe Bible Translators
Wycliffe Global Alliance
The Seed Company
How about you? How do you get into the Word every day?
Online shopping is one of the best way to beat the crowd on Black Friday! And DaySpring has the best one this year! Starting today, Monday, 11/24/2014 until Monday, 12/1/2014 it is the Black Friday Sale- 30% off entire store! — use this coupon: 30FRIDAY14. The coupon is good towards the entire store (includes clearance, excludes Markdown Specials) and is valid through 12/1.
THANK YOU for shopping at DaySpring!
The Lampung Way Kanan are a small group with a strong cultural structure that is distinct within the larger Lampung cluster. The Way Kanan people are made up of five large families known as the Buay Lima Kay Kanan. The Way Kanan live in the regencies of Way Kanan and North Lampung. In North Lampung they live in Bukit Kemuning subdistrict. In Way Kanan regency they live in Bahuga, Banjit, Baradatu, Blambangan Umpu and Pakuan Raya subdistricts. The Way Kanan speech variety is part of the Lampung Api language. There are several levels of formal language (registers) used for special situations. Most of the people can also speak Indonesian. A few of them can even use languages of the transmigrants in the area, such as Javanese and Sundanese. (source: Joshua Project)
Pray for these 43,000 people who are unengaged and least-reached people. Ask God to send His people to reach them and share them the Good New of God’s Kingdom.
According to the Joshua Project data, they have New Testament and portions of Bible in their language. Pray that God will put the hunger and thirst in their hearts to know the Lord and lead them to read the truth.
Thank you for praying today!