We are on the last Wednesday of the first month in 2015. Time flies so fast and I feel like still so many things to catch up with family, house work and ministry. But I trust in the One who gives me the strength to do what He has called me to do. I trust in Christ Jesus.
“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
(Philippians 4:13, NLT)
I hope this truth speaks to you as well, especially when you start to feel overwhelmed by so many things you need to do. We always can find the strength God has provided for us through His son.
Sometimes, we just need to take a break. On my “break time” today, I had a chance to play with the new Neat and Tangled stamp set, Paper Cut Flowers. You wanna check out their blog for gorgeous inspirations done by the design team.
I went with clean and simple with this card. On a piece of watercolor paper, I stamped & heat embossed both flower & sentiment, and then added watercolor for the background. You can let it sit to dry or dry it using craft heater for faster drying. To finish the card, I added some gold sequins and twine.
Over Simon Says Stamp blog today is the Work It Wednesday first challenge of the year. They challenge us to create anything “NEW” – new product, new technique, etc. Since I create this card using Neat and Tangled new product, I link this up there 🙂
But I cannot stop thinking what else I can create using this pretty petals. So, I made one card 🙂 This time I am inspired by one of the Neat and Tangled DT member, Miriam Prantner. She shared on the Neat and Tangled blog a beautiful card using this Paper Cut Flowers stamp set.
And here’s my card:
The background I creating using the technique I learned from Catherine Pooler on her YouTube video tutorial how to create Batik Background. It is a fun technique, messy but turn out pretty 🙂
And this card I link up at Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes this week.
Thanks for visiting today! I hope you like these cards 🙂
- Neat and Tangled Paper Cut Flowers stamp set
- Strathmore Watercolor paper (Walmart)
- Watercolor paint (Target)
- DCWV Glitter Metallics Matstack (Archivers)
- 4.24 x 5.5 card and 5.75 Square card (HobbyLobby)
- Bazill Vellum Paper (Archivers)
- CTMH Exclusive Ink Pads: Lagoon, Pacifica, Twilight (retired)
- Versamark Ink Pad (CTMH store)
- Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder (CTMH store)
- Zing! Black Opaque Finish Embossing Powder (AC Moore)
- My Acrylix Blocks 3 x 3, 1 x 3 1/2 (CTMH store)
- Craft Heater (CTMH store)
- Gold Sequins (assortment pack from Walmart)
- Silver Sequins (CTMH store)
- Clear Sparkles assortment (CTMH store)
- Gold & White Baker’s Twine (Pick Your Plum)
- Scallop Border Punch (CTMH store)
- Micro-tip Scissors (ek Tools)
- Adhesive runner & 3D Foam Tape