Hello everyone… I start creating art journal since past January. Yes… I am a newbie in this art journal journey 🙂 SO MANY to learn and to explore. Just thankful for YouTube tutorials where I have been learning some technique and tips from experts!
Before I decided to jump into art journaling, I actually have been watching lots of videos and inspired by lots of mixed media artists and friends. I already got a mixed media book for some other projects, but then I tried to create a page last month and totally enjoyed the process. So… I think will continue create a page a month as a start for this newbie 🙂
Today I would love to share with you my February Art Journal:
It is February, so I have the heart and candy heart colors in my mind when I created this page.
I added some extra texture with stencils and texture page on the Color Burst watercolored background.
Next, I added some torn papers from the Color Blooms coloring book using gel medium. Then I painted the heart with Gelatos and doodled some heart outlines on it with PITT artist pen. I added the shadow with Stamper’s Big Brush pens and PITT artist brush pen, too.
I finished it with the stamped sentiment and stamping randomly on the page.
Here’s the fill list of the supplies I use today:
- Canson XL Mixed Media Book
- STAMPlorations Bold Sentiment stamp set and Mixed Media Grunge stamp set
- Crisscrossed ARTplorarions stencil and Droplets ARTplorations stencil
- Color Blooms – Coloring Book by Shery Russ
- Ken Oliver Crafts – Caribbean Color Bursts
- Design Memory Crafts Gelatos and Stamper’s Big Brush Pens
- Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens and Brush Pens
- Dina Wakley White Gelato and Gel Medium
- Ranger Texture Paste and Black Archival Ink Pad
And I am joining these mixed media challenges today:
Thanks a lot for visiting me today! Hope you all have a fabulous day!