My first mixed media canvas finally done after working on it for 1 and a half day. I am inspired by many artists both here and YouTube 😊 So thankful for so many people generously posted their tutorials.
Mixed media is one of the thing I would like to learn more this year. So many techniques and products for the mixed media projet. I am learning and exploring ideas from many artists throught their blogs and YouTube videos.
Honestly, it is tough challenge for me because mixed media is a project that you need to be able to just flow with the moment, freely adding medium as you go to create an art. For “the not knowing the result” is me stepping out of my comfort zone. I read the 5 tips from Rita Barakat at Design Memory Craft blog post and they are practical but the number 5 is the most challenging for me: Let Go. But it is a challenge, right? Expect the unexpected.
Here are the close up pictures of how I created this canvas from before to after.
Supplies I used for this project:
- 8 x 11 canvas (I got it at Ollie’s)
- Shutters – ARTplorations Stencil
- Heart Stencil (cut using Silhouette Cameo)
- Mixed Media Grunge – April 2015 stamp set (STAMPlorations)
- Clear Gesso (Liquitex)
- White Gesso (Dina Wakely – Ranger)
- Gelatos – Mix and Match Set (Faber-Castell)
- PITT Stamper’s Big Brush Pens – Mix and Match Set (Faber Castell)
- Memento Black Ink Pad
- Color Shine: Citron, Pink
- Homemade: Modeling Paste, Gold Shimmer Spray
- Tim Holtz Tissue Paper
- Aquash Watercolor Brushes
- Make Up Sponges
- Pallet knives
- Fabric Puffy Paint (to make those white glitter gems)
- Glue gun and glue stick
- Alpha Cork Stickers (CTMH)
- Alpha Glitter Thickers (Amy Tangerine)
- Gold Glitter Glue
I link up the canvas at these challenges: