by Terry Gooding, a prayer leader from El Paso, Texas.
1. Lord God, help me to remember to give thanks to You, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, in all things and to maintain an attitude of prayer (1:3).
2. Build in me a strong faith in You and a love for all the saints (1:4).
3. Fill me with the knowledge of Your will in all areas of my life (1:9).
4. Teach me to walk in a manner worthy of You and to please You in all things (1:10).
5. Help me to bear fruit daily in the work I do and increase in the knowledge of You (1:10).
6. Help me to be strengthened with Your power that I may have endurance and patience (1:11).
7. Help me to always remember that, as a believer, I have been delivered from darkness and brought into the kingdom of Your beloved Son (1:13).
8. I pray that You will have first place in everything in my life (1:18).
9. Father, I ask You to make my faith strong, stable, and fixed on the truth of the gospel (1:23).
10. Please knit my heart together in love with other believers in the body of Christ (2:2).
11. Create in me good discipline and stability of faith in You (2:5).
12. Cause me to be firmly established in You, with a heart of gratitude (2:7).
13. Thank You, Lord, that through Your Son I have been made complete (2:10).
14. Teach me to keep seeking the things above, where Christ is seated at Your right hand (3:1).
15. Help me to focus my thoughts on Your purposes and not on worldly situations (3:2).
16. Please turn me away from all immorality, passion, greed, and idolatry (3:5).
17. Cause me to put aside anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from my mouth (3:8).
18. Help me always to be honest toward others (3:9).
19. I pray that my life will have compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience (3:12).
20. Give me a forgiving heart and patience with others, remembering how You have forgiven me (3:13).
21. Please help me choose to have a heart of love, which is the perfect bond of unity (3:14).
22. I pray that Your peace will rule in my heart (3:15).
23. I pray that Your Word will dwell richly within me (3:16).
24. Help me, as a wife, to give honor and respect to my husband (3:18).
25. Help me, as a husband and father, to grow in love for and understanding of my wife and children (3:19, 21).
26. I pray that my children will be obedient to us as parents in all things because this pleases You (3:20).
27. In whatever I do, show me how to perform my work happily for You, rather than for people (3:23).
28. Help me to devote myself to prayer, keeping alert in it, with an attitude of thanksgiving (4:2).
29. Teach me to be wise and to make the most of every opportunity to share the gospel with those I meet (4:5).
30. Fill all the words I speak with grace, so that I edify the people in my life (4:6).
31. Lord, help me to be faithful to whatever You have called me to, and help me fulfill it in faithfulness (4:17).
Excerpted from Pray! Magazine issue #22. © 2002 by Terry Gooding
To subscribe to Pray!, call 1-800-691-PRAY.
For other prayer cards and resources, call 1-800-366-7788.