Today I would love to share with you a fun techniques creating a unique note cards using your own handwriting. This is a heat-embossing resist technique with dye ink pads and some water.
To create the watercolor effect using dye ink pads, first step is to squezze the lid againts the ink pad before you open it. This is how to get the ink on the lid. Then, lightly spray with some water.
On a piece of watercolor paper, add some powder tool, and then write the sentimen using VersaMarker. Add some Clear embossing powder and heat set it using Craft Heater.
Pick the ink from the ink pad lid that you have sprayed with water using pain brush. And trace the embossed handwriting sentiment with the colors. Wash the brush in a bowl of clean water every time you want to change color.
If you see a pool of inks around the letters that you do not like, you can pick it up using dry clean brush or paper towel. Just dab it on the extra inks, do not wipe or scrub.
Then, set aside to dry naturally or you can speedy it up using Craft Heater. I let it side aside while I prepare the card base. It did not take a long time like I did the watercolor background.
For the card base, I cut White Daisy cardstock to make 4.25 x 4.25 card. Then I cut the Hopscotch paper the same size and add it on the front panel of the card base using glue runner.
Next layer is the paper doilies. I stack them to make layers under the watercolor paper. I cut 2 paper dolies in half and arrange them under the where the watercolor paper will go and when they are in good position, then glue them using liquid glue or glue runner.
Then I add the watercolor paper that already dry (or if not yet dry, you can use craft heater to make sure it dries completely). Add the sentiment on top of the doilies using strong glue runner or wrinkle-free liquid glue (Tombow Mono Liquid Glue is the best!).
On a piece of White Daisy cardstock I stamped the extra sentiments from You’re The Bomb stamp set with Slate and Sunset Ink Pads. I trimmed the circle and added it on the card using 3D foam tape.
Here are the full list of supplies I used for this note card:
- Stamp: Operation Smile stamp – You’re The Bomb (CTMH, available only until 3/31/14)
- Paper: Hopscotch Paper Packet (CTMH, available only until 3/31/14)
- Cardstock: White Daisy (CTMH)
- Ink pads: Flaxen, Glacier, Sunset, Smoothie, Slate (CTMH)
- VersaMarker (HobbyLobby)
- Tools: Craft Heater (CTMH), Fiskar Paper Trimmer, Scissors (ek Tools)
- Adhesives: Tombow Mono Liquid Glue, Tombow adhesive runner, 3D foam tape.
- Other: Paint brush (Plaid), Paper doilies, watercolor paper, sprakle gems (Studio G.), Mini spray bottle (you find mini spray bottle at travelling or $1 section).
I enter this card for these challenges:
- Close To My Heart #jrlcreativechallenge on Instagram (follow @ctmhcorp for daily inspirations and weekly creative challenge)
- Kathy The Daily Maker – 30 Days Coloring Challenge
THANK YOU so much for visitng my blog today, for taking time to read it and leaving me some love on the comment box. I appreciate it so much!!!
Have a wonderful Saturday!