Hello everyone… I hope you all enjoy your weekend with your loved ones and ready for the new week. Today, I have a foiled shaker card with non-traditional colors for Fall season.
This week, Gracie releases several beautiful new digital stamp sets. I use the Harvest Blessings Digital Stamp Set on my shaker card today. And I created a patterned foiled acetate for the shaker window. I am so happy that it can be done with digital stamps!
To make this foiled shaker card, you will need these supplies:
- Harvest Blessings Digital Stamp Set
- Heat-Resistant Acetate. I use this brand on my card.
- Gold Transfer Sheet. I use Therm O Web Deco Foil Transfer Sheets.
- A2 White Card
- White Cardstock
- Watercolor Paper
- Watercolor Paint
- Watercolor Brush
- Any Basic Shape Dies. I use Our Daily Bread Design Rectangles Dies.
- Die Cutting Machine
- 3D foam tape
- Strong Adhesive Glue. I use Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Sequins and Giant Glitter.
I started with creating the ombre watercolored background. It is very simple to paint. First, I added some water with flat brush on a piece of watercolor paper. Then I picked up the pink watercolor paper from the Koi Watercolor Palete with small flat brush. I used wet-on-wet technique on this background. I added color on the top of the card only and I let the water does the work spreading the color, with little help of the small flat brush. I set it aside to dry white.
To create the foiled acetate window is very easy to make. Here are the steps:
- Pre-heat the laminating machine.
- Open the flower image with photo editing program or Microsoft Word works too.
- Resize the image, duplicate it, and then arrange them to fill the 8.5″ x 11″ size paper.
- Load a piece of 8.5″ x 11″ acetate plastic on the paper carrier of a Laser Printer. Ink Jet printer won’t work with this technique.
- Print the images in black and white
- VERY CAREFUL when you get the printed acetate from your computer. The ink can smear or wipe off the plastic easily.
- Carefully trimmed the plastic into 2 piece of 8.5″ x 5.5″ size using paper trimmer.
- Add the printed acetate, ink face up in between baking paper that I used as foiling carrier.
- Add the foil paper on top of the printed acetate.
- Run it through the foiling machine.
- Grab it from the other side and remove the foil.
I trimmed the foiled acetate into 5.5″ x 4.25″
I cut out couple of white cardstock using 2 sizes of the Rectangle Dies to create the frame. And then I added the acetate on the frame using the dries-clear adhesive glue. I added big clear stamping block on it to hold the acetate on place while the glue drying. It was about a minute and then I added 3D foam tape around the inside of the frame.
I added the watercolor background on the card base with the adhesive glue.
Next, I added some of the gold assortment sequins and sprinkled some of the giant glitter in the middle of the card.
I added the shaker frame on top of the sequins and glitter and pressed it down to make sure all secured and glued.
I trimmed the sentiment that I printed on white cardstock and added it on the card.
The card is done. I hope this card give you an inspiration to create today. Thank you so much for stopping by!
I link up at: