It is the Day 5 of the Love TAGplorations Blog Hop. There are many gorgeous inspirations from the STAMPlorations Girls on the blog today. Come and blog-hopping with us! Do not forget to leave comment along the way for chances to enter the giveaway (info at the bottom of this post) 🙂
Today’s card is a masculine, mixed media card. Masculine is not my strong style, but I keep challenging myself to try 🙂 I mostly with the color combo and CAS style for it.
I added some neon green, yellow, green leaf and white acrylic paints on the wood grain pattern paper. Then I run it through my die cutting machine with the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies – CUTplorations. I added the background panel on the white card base with adhesive runner.
Then I cut out a tag with Luggage Tags Nesting Dies – CUTplorations from a white cardstock and added the green chevron ribbon on it with mini stapler. I added it on the background panel with some glue dots.
Next is working on the pocket flower with the new Pocket Blooms with CUTplorations Pocket Die – Shery Russ Designs.
I have been making monoprints with my gelli plate and have them in my stash. I grabbed one of them that have a matching colors to the background 🙂 Then I stamped the flower on the monoprinted paper with archival ink. I used my MISTI tool for crips image by stamping it couple times becuase the monoprinted paper has some texture on it. Then I fussy cut the flower.
I die cut the pocket out of a navy blue cardstock using the matching pocket die that come with the set. Then I added the flower on top of the tag with 3D foam tape, and next I added the pocket die cut on top of it with 3D foam tape, too.
For the sentiment, I stamped the words that come in the stamp set with archival black ini, and cut out into word strips. I added them on the card just with glue dots.
That’s my masculine mixed media card today and I hope you all will like it and be inspired to make your own handmade card for this Valentine’s Day.
Link Up Party:
- Create a new Valentine’s day project (any kind!) with a tag in it.
- Post it on your blog (or Flickr, Instagram, SCS gallery, etc.) and then link up here.
- Display the TAGplorations event graphic in your post and link back to this post to qualify for the prizes.
- You may enter as many projects as you want, but each project must be in its own post (1 project = 1 blog post = 1 entry)
- Use whatever product(s) you have; STAMPlorations products are not required.
- Link up here by Tuesday, February 14, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
To be eligible to win, you need to leave comment on each STAMPlorations Girls’ blogs from today until Tuesday, February 14, 11:55 p.m. Pacific. The winners will be announced on March 10 in the February Challenges & Hops winners post at STAMPlorations Blog. So be sure to follow the blog if you aren’t already.
The Prizes are:
- THREE (3) randomly drawn winners from all comments left on this post and participating designers blog will each receive a $10 gift certificate to the store
- ONE (1) randomly drawn participant to the Love TAGplorations linky party will receive her choice of stamp set (Pocket Blooms, A Full Heart, or Two of Us)*
- ONE (1) randomly drawn participant to the Love TAGplorations linky party will receive her choice of any 2 of the new love-themed dies (Love, Always, XOXO, Forever, You & Me, Clustered Hearts)*
- ONE (1) randomly drawn participant in the Love TAGplorations linky party will receive her choice of tag dies set: Luggage Tags or ATC/Tag Builder
Get 20% off on all regular and sale-priced items STAMPlorations stamps, stencils, and dies by using this code: STAMPGIRLHELEN when you check out (please copy and paste the code). Code can not be combined your code with any other discount codes.
When you create with STAMPlorations products, you can link up also at the Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge!
THANKS A BUNCH for stopping by my blog today! And I hope you all have a fabulous day!