Hello hello hello everyone… I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones. And… Christmas is just around the corner now and I don’t know about you, but everyone in our house is excited, especially the kiddos for sure.
It’s no secret that my husband and I are coffee lovers… and I think we need another coffee theme ornament this year. Today, I have a picture tutorial how to make this mixed media coffee wood slice ornament at STAMPlorations Blog.
I used 3″ pre-drilled wood slice that I got from Amazon for this project. You will need stencil, die set, stamp set, brushes, foam brush, gesso, texture paste, gel medium (or modge podge), permanent archival ink pads, cardstock, and craft heater. And you will need some times to spend to create this ornament becuase the drying each layer is needed.
- First, add some gesso on the wood slice surface using flat brush or foam brush. Let it completely dry.
- Add the texture/modeling paste on the wood with the Dot’s ‘n Beans ARTplorations Stencil using the palette knife (or old credit card will work, too).
- While the texture paste still wet, sprinkle some clear glitter embossing powder.
- Heat set the embossing powder with craft heaters. Do not over heat it becuase the gesso and texture paste can start bubbly.
- Apply thin coat of Mod Podge or Gel Medium and let it dry.
- Stamp the coffee cup from the What’s Brewing Stamp Set with archival black ink pad on red cardstock and white cardstock.
- Add some silver metallic watercolor splatter on the red cup.
- Fussy cut the red cup, and fussy cut just the lid and sleeve from the white cardstock.
- Add the lid and sleeve on top of the red cup with adhesive glue.
- Add the cup on top of the wood slice ornament with gel medium and add some thin coat on top of the cup also to seal it.
- Cut the coffee word using the Coffee Word Die CUTplorations out of metallic cardstock.
- Add the coffee word die cut on top of the cup with gel medium and add some thin coat on top of the cup also to seal it.
- Add the twine on the ornament and tie it up.
It is done. I hope you enjoy this tutorial and can try it to make your own personalized ornaments for this Holiday seasons. Before you go… enjoy this 20% OFF your order at STAMPlorations Store by using my coupon code: STAMPGIRLHELEN when you check out.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a fabulous day!