HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Doodle Bug!
I remember exactly this time around I was at the hospital and having this cute little baby girl. My husband, Dave, was there right beside me in the surgery room, held my hand, and even allowed by my OB/GYN to witness the moment they pulled the baby out of my womb. He can tell you the story better than me. He thought it was the awesomest thing he ever seen in his life!
The first time I held her in my arms, she was so tiny and I couldn’t stop crying to see once again God made a miracle in our family. He made her beautifully and fearfully, He has written her life in His book. He has her future planned perfectly.
Today, we are celebrating her first birthday. YES, SHE IS ONE YEAR OLD NOW! Time flies when we have so much fun and time to spend together. Can’t thank God enough for His grace, mercy, love and blessings in her life. We have seen God has been working in her life since she was born and we are seeing now, and we will see God’s hands in her life in the future.
I am one blessed Mama! God has given me delightful and beautiful daughters and an amazing, loving husband. He made my life complete!
I never stop thanking God my Father and Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord for them every single moment!
We are back from our 18 days trip to Texas and Oklahoma (8/2 – 8/20). At the end of this trip we are tired, but most of all we are thankful for what God has done in those 18 days. We asked all of our prayer partners to pray for God would make this trip glorifying His name and fruitful, safe trip, meeting people, have good relationships, and good health for all of us. And He answered the prayers! He made it fruitful!
Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
- Time with family (Helen’s cousin and his family). We also spent some times just us as family.
- Declare Conference (I blog about it tomorrow), where I met some of my friends in REAL LIFE who I first time met online (Twitter, Facebook, Blogging group).
- Visiting 1 church in Richardson, TX and 2 churches in Houston, TX.
- Sharing about the needs of Bible Translation works in South East Asia at 2 home meetings in Houston, TX.
- YouVersion 100 Million Celebration at Live Church TV in Edmond, OK where we met some of the volunteers for the translation team, the coordinator and the director.
- Sharing about the needs of Bible Translation works in Southeast Asia at Canyon Creek Baptist Sunday School classes and their Elementary students and teachers at the Academy morning assembly.
We did have busy schedule on this trip but one thing that we know well in our hearts that it is all God, because of God and at the end all the glory is for God alone.
He made it happened. He made it fruitful.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!
My mom is one of the greatest gifts God ever gave to me in my life.
For all these years, since I was conceived in her womb, born and now I have my own daughters, she is still my mom.
She never stop loving me.
She never stop helping me.
She never stop fighting for me.
She never stop correcting me when I do something wrong.
She never stop teaching me what being a mom means.
She never stop showing me what sacrifice means.
She never stop being a mom for me and my sisters.
She is a mom of daughters, too.
She is my mom.
She is my treasure.
She is my praise to God.
“Dear Mama, Happy Mother’s Day to my beloved and blessed mom, thought I cannot hug and kiss you today, I trust God is always with you, to bless you, to love you and to protect you. I am so thankful to be your daughter.”
Today my husband and I were given an opportunity to share about the impact of Bible Translation led to the life changing in Christ with a group of kids at our children church. He found a story, Jesus is Alive, related to Easter and Bible Translation at Wycliffe’s blog post. It is free to download here, included a recipe of empty-tomb rolls for Easter Morning.
The story about a boy named Nard, a Pilipino boy, who came to know Christ and became a missionary pilot.
A translator, Dick, went to his village to share the Good News about Jesus to him and the people in his village in Philippines. When Nard met Dick, he was a boy who could not read or write, he was know as trouble maker. Dick asked for Nard’s help to teach him his language, Isnag. After years of learning and translating, Dick finally finished the book of Mark. And Nard could read and write at that time, too. It was time for Dick to go on furlough and he gave Nard a copy of the translated book of Mark in his language. He told Nard to read it while he was away.
Nard’s life was changed after reading the story of Jesus. His eyes were opened and his heart was touched by the Holy Spirit when he came to understand the meaning of Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection.
When the Word of God translated in the language of the people can understand the best in their heart, the power of God’s word will work in their hearts and Holy Spirit will lead them into the salvation. For they can understand complete what God says to them. For they can see the truth clearly. For they can grow in their faith when they keep reading and studying the Word of God in their own language. Apostle Paul wrote in the book of Romans that the power of God’s word can safe anybody who believes (Romans 1:16-17). That is the truth.
Would you join us to bring the gospel to over 290 million people who speak about 1,967 languages in the world through prayer? Would you be partners of Wycliffe to get this big task done?
Check out HERE to know more about Wycliffe and to find out how you can get involved in God’d mission work through Wycliffe.
Jesus came to save and to bring freedom to those who believes in Him.
I found this notes posted on our church bulletin few months ago and I thought I’d love to share these practical ways that we all can do to show love to others so that they may know God’s love.
10 Ways To Love
- Listen without interrupting (Proverbs 18)
- Speak without accusing (James 1:18)
- Give without sparing (Proverbs 21:26)
- Pray without ceasing (Colossians 1:9)
- Answer without arguing (Proverbs 17:1)
- Share without pretending (Ephesians 4:!5)
- Enjoy without complaint (Philippians 2:14)
- Trust without wavering (1 Corinthians 13:7)
- Forgive without punishing (Colossians 3:13)
- Promise without forgetting (Proverbs 13:12)
In the New Testament I found 14 verses that quote Jesus’ command for all of us to love one another for He has loved us first. They are:
- John 15:12 (ESV)“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
- 1 John 3:11 (ESV)For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
- John 13:34 (ESV)A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
- John 15:17 (ESV)These things I command you, so that you will love one another. The Hatred of the World
- Romans 12:10 (ESV)Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
- 1 John 4:11 (ESV)Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:9 (ESV)Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,
- 1 Peter 1:22 (ESV)Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
- 1 Peter 4:8 (ESV)Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 3:10 (ESV)By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. Love One Another
- 1 John 3:23 (ESV)And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
- 1 John 4:7 (ESV)Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
- 1 John 4:12 (ESV)No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
- 2 John 1:5 (ESV)And now I ask you, dear lady—not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we have had from the beginning—that we love one another.
What do you do to show love to others?