And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” ~ Isaiah 6:8
The same answer I gave to God in 2006 and still be my prayer until today, “Lord, her I am, send me to go to these people.” That’s my prayer for my husband and daughters, too. We go to serve God as family among a nation in Southeast Asia. These are the why: these people are still waiting for God’s word to be available in languages they understand best in their heart, they have been waiting for too long. I was there, living among them for a short period of time only, God revealed to me and the team His heart and desire for these people groups. He wants them to know Him, to have His words and for them to come and worship Him only! (*is not the real name of the place) God used the trips to open my eyes to see the needs and to change my heart and my desire to serve Him. There are more that I have ever imagined!
And in 2007 I had given an opportunity to participate in a literacy survey program hosted by one of Wycliffe’s strategic organization in the country, SIL, to go and collect data from the people in 3 villages and from that data we collected were used to determine whether these people will need God’s word, level of how literate the people, will they need literacy program, what language do they can speak and do they understand the national language or not, etc. So many elements that support Bible Translation work, it cannot be done alone. It needs a team.
We need YOU! Yes, together we can end the Bible poverty in around the world!
How you can get involved? You are welcome to visit these sites to find out and pray about how God can use you in ways He calls you to:
Translation teams exercise great care in the rigorous and complicated process to translate God’s Word into a language that doesn’t yet have it. Watch an overview of the tasks involved, and learn how each project presents unique challenges and incredible rewards. Learn more here.
Ephesians 2:4-6 tells us that God is being so rich in mercy and has loved us with great love, He even made us alive together with Christ when we were dead in our sins – only by His grace we have been saved – He raised us up with Him and seated us with in the heavenly places with Christ Jesus.
Isn’t that an amazing and wonderful promises for us when we are His?
Today I know in my heart that these promises are only for me, but also for you and for the over 200 million people who have not yet heard about God and His rich mercy and great love for them.
These over 200 million people have been waiting for a long time. They do not have one single verse of God’s word in language they understand best in their hearts, that’s about 1,967 languages!
They need to hear about it. We can be part of the work to bring this Good News to them. Would you join the team to bring the Gospel to them?
Here’s how you can get involved and partners in prayer and financial in God’s mission through:
or join our team to bring the Gospel to Southeast Asia.
God is at work in all over the world, God never forget nor forsake them.
And together we can End Bible Poverty!
This week I continue my Bible study from Joseph and his family in the book of Genesis 42.
It is about Forgiveness.
Joseph showed no hatred at all but love, mercy and kindness. He even gave back their money so that they would have enough for their journey back to their father’s house.
Our unconfessed sins are not only effected our lives, but also our loved ones. We need to confess all of our sins to receive forgiveness, reconciliation and restoration.
Our God shows us love, mercy and kindness, no matter what we have done. He is waiting for us to come to seek him and reunite with him. He shows us forgiveness. He has provided the way for us to return from our wicked ways, to walk in the truth. He has provided the way and the only way to go to the Father is through Jesus Christ.
Forgiveness to every single person that you know in your life and the 2,9 million people who haven’t heard of Him.
We have heard the Greatest News in Jesus, that he loves every individual so much until he died on the cross for all of our sins, but they haven’t.
We have found the True God and be reconciled, but they haven’t.
They have waited for a long time.
God wants every one in this world to come, receive forgive and new life in Christ Jesus. He is waiting patiently for every person.
God can do it by himself, He is the mighty, powerful God. But He calls us to be part of His salvation plan. He calls us to be part of His mission to bring the Greatest News to 2,9 million people in every language they can understand best in their hearts.
That’s the reason we do what we do. This is your calling and our calling.
The Seed Company is a partner organization of Wycliffe Bible Translators. Their mission is to accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word through Great Commission partnerships. Their vision to see God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation. (The Seed Company mission and vision)
Would you be prayerfully to consider be part of the team?
You can be a prayer partner.
You can be a financial partner.
Where to find The Seed Company:
Twitter: @TheSeedCompany search with hashtag #WritetheWord and #EndBiblePoverty.
Pinterest: The Seed Company’s “Write the Word” Pin Board.
Facebook: “Write the Word” Facebook page.
Facebook: The Seed Company on Facebook.
Visit The Seed Company Blog and while you are there subscribe their blog posts. This allows posts to be sent directly into your inbox so not to miss a thing.
Today my husband and I were given an opportunity to share about the impact of Bible Translation led to the life changing in Christ with a group of kids at our children church. He found a story, Jesus is Alive, related to Easter and Bible Translation at Wycliffe’s blog post. It is free to download here, included a recipe of empty-tomb rolls for Easter Morning.
The story about a boy named Nard, a Pilipino boy, who came to know Christ and became a missionary pilot.
A translator, Dick, went to his village to share the Good News about Jesus to him and the people in his village in Philippines. When Nard met Dick, he was a boy who could not read or write, he was know as trouble maker. Dick asked for Nard’s help to teach him his language, Isnag. After years of learning and translating, Dick finally finished the book of Mark. And Nard could read and write at that time, too. It was time for Dick to go on furlough and he gave Nard a copy of the translated book of Mark in his language. He told Nard to read it while he was away.
Nard’s life was changed after reading the story of Jesus. His eyes were opened and his heart was touched by the Holy Spirit when he came to understand the meaning of Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection.
When the Word of God translated in the language of the people can understand the best in their heart, the power of God’s word will work in their hearts and Holy Spirit will lead them into the salvation. For they can understand complete what God says to them. For they can see the truth clearly. For they can grow in their faith when they keep reading and studying the Word of God in their own language. Apostle Paul wrote in the book of Romans that the power of God’s word can safe anybody who believes (Romans 1:16-17). That is the truth.
Would you join us to bring the gospel to over 290 million people who speak about 1,967 languages in the world through prayer? Would you be partners of Wycliffe to get this big task done?
Jesus came to save and to bring freedom to those who believes in Him.
- Write God’s word on your journal,or maybe the verses from your daily Bible Study
- Take a picture of it
- Post and share your picture on Instagram, or Pinterest, or Facebook, or Twitter, pretty much on every social media you might have.
- Add hashtag #WritetheWord and #EndBiblePoverty, when you tweet it and while you are there follow @theseedcompany, also follow them on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Go to The Seed Company Blog and add your Instagram picture link there.
I found this notes posted on our church bulletin few months ago and I thought I’d love to share these practical ways that we all can do to show love to others so that they may know God’s love.
10 Ways To Love
- Listen without interrupting (Proverbs 18)
- Speak without accusing (James 1:18)
- Give without sparing (Proverbs 21:26)
- Pray without ceasing (Colossians 1:9)
- Answer without arguing (Proverbs 17:1)
- Share without pretending (Ephesians 4:!5)
- Enjoy without complaint (Philippians 2:14)
- Trust without wavering (1 Corinthians 13:7)
- Forgive without punishing (Colossians 3:13)
- Promise without forgetting (Proverbs 13:12)
In the New Testament I found 14 verses that quote Jesus’ command for all of us to love one another for He has loved us first. They are:
- John 15:12 (ESV)“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
- 1 John 3:11 (ESV)For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
- John 13:34 (ESV)A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
- John 15:17 (ESV)These things I command you, so that you will love one another. The Hatred of the World
- Romans 12:10 (ESV)Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
- 1 John 4:11 (ESV)Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:9 (ESV)Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,
- 1 Peter 1:22 (ESV)Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
- 1 Peter 4:8 (ESV)Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 3:10 (ESV)By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. Love One Another
- 1 John 3:23 (ESV)And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
- 1 John 4:7 (ESV)Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
- 1 John 4:12 (ESV)No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
- 2 John 1:5 (ESV)And now I ask you, dear lady—not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we have had from the beginning—that we love one another.
What do you do to show love to others?