Lately I have been having so much fun with watercolor either use watercolor cakes, watercolor pencils, or using dye ink pads.
Today, I would love to share with you a simple steps how to create this watercolor look background using CTMH Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads (dye inks).
It is quite easy to create your own watercolor look background.
- Add dye inks on your stamps.
- Spray with some water using spray pen from 5-6 inches away from your stamp.
- Multiple randomly stamping the flowers and leaves all over your background.
- Repeat the first step with different color and shape.
For this flower background, I started with the biggest shape, then fill in the space with smaller ones.
I would recomend you to use watercolor paper, but good thicker cardstocks will work well too. I love CTMH Exclusive cardstocks. They thick and can handle water quite well, also they have so many pretty colors 🙂
I cut a piece banner out of Black cardstock, I stamped and heat embossed the word Thanks from Finding the Words stamp set using VersaMark Stamp Pad, Ranger Super Fine White Embossing powder and Craft Heater.
But before I added the banner on the card, I stamped the second sentiment from the same stamp set with Black Exclusing Inks Stamp Pad.
I finished the first card with some Sequins Gold Assortment.
And this card I link up at:
- Winnie & Walter iNSD 2015 with Pinkfresh Studio: Create Your Own Background Challenge. They have amazing challenges that you can play along until the end of this week!
Do you like watercoloring? If you have tried any watercoloring technique, feel free to share with us in the comment box 🙂
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
- Cardstocks: White Daisy, Black
- My Acrylix Stamp Sets: Have A Happy Day, Finding The Words
- My Acrylix blocks: 1×1, 1×3 1/2, 2×2
- Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads: Thistle, Pear, Smoothie, Black
Celebrating Scrapbooking Month with Taste Of Summer collection